by Leslee Kulba
Wild West blogger
Silly you. You supposed production had something to do with economies. Not so! Here are some examples of how Asheville is making the city prosperous:
The programs, projects and partnerships of Asheville Sister Cities have a direct economic impact on western North Carolina. Through the dedication of this vibrant volunteer organization, Asheville reaches around the world, and brings it home, making a difference in so many lives.
WHEREAS, a countywide system of connected trails and greenways will provide recreational opportunities; increase health benefits by the provision of access to more physical activity opportunities; increase traffic safety with bike and pedestrian infrastructure; and increase economic prosperity for the City of Asheville through increased jobs, increased housing values and increased tourism and local spending by travelers of a greenway.
- Requires numerous exceptions to existing policies and guidelines.
- Significant risk to the City throughout the construction period.
- Other lenders are not sharing proportionately in that risk.
- Staff is unable to adequately evaluate the collateral without a current appraisal report.
- Taxes on the subject property are currently delinquent.
- Approval would create a precedent that may affect future requests of a similar nature.