by Katherine Restrepo
Director of Health Care Policy, John Locke Foundation
… Until the individual market exchanges open for enrollment under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Health plans sold through these regulatory bodies must include the following 10 essential health benefit (EHB) categories:
1. Ambulatory patient services
4. Maternity and newborn care
5. Mental health and substance abuse services
6. Prescription Drugs
7. Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
8. Lab services
9. Preventative wellness and chronic disease management
10. Pediatric services, including oral and vision care.
Click here to read the Washington Post’s exclusive interview with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius regarding the “very tight deadliness” or the “very tight deadlines” the federal government must meet for the online marketplaces to go live this fall.
**Note: The interview’s original title: “Exclusive: Kathleen Sebelius on Obamacare’s ‘very tight’ deadliness“. Comical, right? More like comic relief.