Development Associate (Part-Time)
About John Locke Foundation: The John Locke Foundation was created in 1990 as an independent, nonprofit think tank dedicated to defending and advancing freedom and working for truth, for freedom, for the future of North Carolina. The foundation is named for John Locke (1632-1704), an English philosopher whose writings inspired Thomas Jefferson and the other Founders.
Job Overview: The John Locke Foundation is seeking an outgoing and organized person to join our Investor Relations team in a part-time role (up to 30 hours) and provide critical support to our fundraising efforts.
· Maintaining and cultivating relationships with donors by making thank you phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
· Stay up to date on donor activity and inform appropriate staff when necessary.
· Accurately logging activity in Salesforce.
· Using fundraising software to prospect for new donors and documenting current donor capacity.
· Manage the CEO and Vice President of Development’s donor and prospect list.
· Schedule donor meetings for CEO and Vice President of Development.
· Assisting donors’ general needs as they occur, such as connecting them with a Locke researcher or mailing Locke materials.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A passion for and understanding of Locke’s mission and research
· Commitment to integrity, teamwork, and other organizational values
· Experience using a CRM system, Microsoft Word proficiency, and ability to learn new software.
· Organizational skills
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Michael Harden, Vice President of Development, John Locke Foundation, at [email protected]