The John Locke Foundation is seeking a new Education Analyst for its Center for Effective Education. The Locke Foundation believes in free markets, limited constitutional government, and personal responsibility, and employs research, journalism, and outreach programs to transform government through competition, innovation, personal freedom, and personal responsibility. The Locke Foundation is located in Raleigh, NC.
The Education Analyst will be responsible for researching and writing about education (primarily K-12, but also higher ed. and community colleges) legislation and issues from a conservative perspective. Special attention is devoted to initiatives that expand school choice.
The position will produce research briefs, reports and other writing with a goal to influence policymaking, inspire donors, and inform media and the general public via persuasive, timely and accurate content.
The analyst will work under the Center’s director as part of the research department. Locke offers a hybrid model for remote work, with employees having the option to work from home two days a week while being in the office the other three.
- Conduct original research on a variety of public policy issues related to education policy in North Carolina.
- Produce written content analyzing various relevant policies for a variety of outlets, including the Locke Foundation website, the Carolina Journal (Locke’s statewide journalistic publication), and other newspapers and websites.
- Fulfill occasional speaking requests for local civic organizations, legislative committee meetings, and speak with media as needed.
- A commitment to individual liberty and free markets.
- Two or more years of experience in policy-related research, public advocacy, government affairs, or non-profit work preferred.
- Initiative to start and complete projects thoroughly and on-time.
- Strong research and writing abilities.
- Strong quantitative-analysis skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Paid time off (13 paid Holidays)
- 401K offering with an employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, FSA
- Life and disability insurance
- Hybrid remote work opportunities
Please send resume with cover letter that includes salary expectations to Brian Balfour, Senior Vice President of Research, at [email protected].