Fiscal Policy Analyst
The John Locke Foundation is seeking a Fiscal Policy Analyst to join its research division. He or she will work closely with the Senior VP of Research to help advance the organization’s mission.
The position will produce research briefs, reports and other writing with a goal to influence policymaking, inspire donors, and inform media and the general public via persuasive, timely and accurate content.
Public policy issues covered include, but are not limited to, state budgets, state tax policy, economic policy, healthcare policy, and the impact of federal spending and tax policies on North Carolina.
- Conduct original research on variety of public policy issues related to state fiscal and economic policy.
- Produce high quality research briefs and other written material including, but not limited to, op-eds and blog posts.
- Fulfill occasional speaking requests for local civic organizations, legislative committee meetings, and speak with media as needed.
- A commitment to individual liberty and free markets.
- Two or more years of experience in policy-related research, public advocacy, government affairs, or non-profit work.
- Initiative to start and complete projects thoroughly and on-time.
- Strong research and writing abilities.
- Strong quantitative-analysis skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Paid time off (13 paid Holidays)
- 401K offering with an employer match
- Travel savings account program with an employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, FSA
- Life and disability insurance
- Hybrid remote work opportunities
Please send resume and cover letter with salary expectations to Brian Balfour, Senior Vice President of Research, at [email protected].