Grassroots Outreach Coordinator (Spanish-speaking)
The Grassroots Outreach Coordinator will identify, recruit, and engage grassroots leaders in North Carolina, mobilize them, and drive policy reforms.
· Developing a North Carolina network of grassroots organizations that facilitates collaboration among groups with similar policy priorities.
· Developing state-based strategies to advance state and local policy priorities and desired outcomes.
· Mobilizing volunteer communities in support of policy priorities and building capabilities to advance future priorities.
· Planning and executing a variety of activities to educate and bring awareness to further strategies.
· Working with communities of activists to educate and persuade the public or lawmakers to act on public policy initiatives.
· Traveling up to 30% of the time to work on state and local priorities with overnight travel sometimes required.
Knowledge and Skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and strong relationship-building skills
· Knowledge of state and local public policy landscapes
· Experience working with members of the community.
· A drive to deepen your knowledge and a focus on life-long learning.
· A willingness to transform yourself and our organization to be more impactful in our efforts.
· An ability to develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve outcomes.
· An entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to experiment with new ways to engage and activate new volunteers.
· Must be proficient in writing and speaking English and Spanish
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
· Highly organized, energetic, and capable of motivating and leading large groups and volunteers able to manage large quantities of data.
· Event planning, marketing or sales experience is a plus.
· High levels of integrity, self-motivation, patience, persistence, enthusiasm, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all kinds of people.
· Desire to win with freedom forward policies
· Experience working with Hispanic communities in North Carolina
Send resume and cover letter to Donald Bryson, president of John Locke Foundation, at [email protected].