Alec Schemmel writes for the Washington Free Beacon about a Harvard student group’s disappointing decision.

The student group at Harvard University that blamed the Jewish state for Hamas’s Oct. 7 terrorist assault is now working to combat media “misinformation” on the war in Israel—by promoting alternative news sources that disseminate Hamas propaganda.

The school’s Palestine Solidarity Committee, which penned the infamous student group statement that held Israel “entirely responsible” for Hamas’s attack, last week criticized American news sources for pushing “misinformation” on the “violence in Gaza.” The group urged its followers to instead get their news from Gazan “journalists,” who the group said are “working on the ground to convey the reality of being Palestinian in Gaza right now.”

Those so-called journalists, however, have for weeks shared false and misleading claims on the war, some of which has come from Hamas itself. Nearly all of the Palestine Solidarity Committee’s suggested news sources, for example, parroted the now-debunked Hamas claim that Israel bombed the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza, killing hundreds of innocent civilians in the process. Another committee-endorsed source—a Twitter account called “Times of Gaza”—has used years-old photod from Syria to claim that Israel is using white phosphorus in its retaliatory attacks on Hamas.

The Palestine Solidarity Committee’s promotion of Hamas-aligned news sources in Gaza reflects the proliferation of anti-Semitic activism seen at Harvard and other Ivy League schools following Hamas’s terror attack.

The student group just hours after the attack released a statement holding Israel and its “apartheid” regime “entirely responsible for all unfolding violence.” It went on to organize an Oct. 18 “die-in” protest that saw attendees shove and accost a first-year Israeli student at Harvard Business School who filmed the demonstration. One of the accosters, Harvard University graduate student Elom Tettey-Tamaklo, was removed from his role as a freshman proctor after the Washington Free Beacon released footage of the incident.