by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• Nine local governments in the Charlotte area impose new restrictions on camping, hoping to prevent Occupy members and other protesters from taking over public space before and during the Democratic National Convention.
• Before attending a Wednesday fundraiser in Raleigh, Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan will hold a public rally at 11 a.m. at a custom painting business in town.
• Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, the onetime chairman of the Democratic National Committee, will make stops in the Triad and Triangle supporting Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton’s campaign for governor.
• A Thursday fundraiser in Wilmington for U.S. Rep. Mike McIntyre, D-7th District, has a long list of sponsors, including Lanny Wilson, who was a key figure in the investigations of former Gov. Mike Easley and Ruffin Poole.
• A new Zogby poll of North Carolina gives Mitt Romney a slight lead over President Obama in a two-way race, but the lead flips to the president (barely) if Libertarian Gary Johnson is included.