by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• If you want to attend President Obama’s Sept. 6 acceptance speech at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, you can pick up a free ticket 10 a.m. Saturday at a campaign office.
• Rep. Mike McIntyre, D-7th District, is one of 16 House Democrats who backed a bill outlawing taxpayer funding for most abortions. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is attacking Republican members who supported the bill.
• 11th Congressional District Democratic nominee Hayden Rogers goes after Republican opponent Mark Meadows’ call to eliminate the U.S. Department of Education.
• Judge Jim Gray, the Libertarian Party vice presidential nominee, will make several North Carolina appearances over the next week.
• The Obama campaign brings out the big gun: President Clinton, in an ad airing in North Carolina and several other swing states.