by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• Be sure to join Carolina Journal/John Locke Foundation staffers here on Locker Room tonight as we liveblog the final night of the Republican National Convention.
• Former Charlotte Mayor Harvey Gantt, U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan, and U.S. Reps. G.K. Butterfield, David Price, and Mel Watt will speak at next week’s Democratic National Convention.
• Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton, the Democratic nominee for governor, proposes a host of ethics and transparency reforms for state government, including term limits for legislative leaders and an independent commission to draw legislative boundaries.
• A Democratic group has purchased a limited run of a controversial commercial attacking Pat McCrory. The campaign sued, claiming the ad was defamatory and the Democratic group wants a judge to decide whether it is.
• Occupy protesters who couldn’t get hotel rooms are looking for places to squat during the Democratic National Convention.