by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• Gov. Bev Perdue makes a National Journal story pointing out the awkward position Democrats (and Republicans) find themselves hosting conventions in states with unpopular governors.
• House Speaker Thom Tillis, R-Mecklenburg, already is making plans to aid a possible transition to a McCrory administration.
• A group opposing the increase in government debt has purchased billboard space in North Carolina and other states hoping to raise the profile of public debt.
• The Obama campaign releases an ad arguing Mitt Romney’s position on public funding of Planned Parenthood makes him an extremist.
• The McCrory campaign issues an ad criticizing Walter Dalton’s record on education funding.