by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• The latest survey by Public Policy Polling shows Pat McCrory holding his lead over Walter Dalton; down-ticket Republicans are doing better this year than in 2008.
• Democrat Hayden Rogers has expanded his fundraising lead over Republican challenger Mark Meadows in the 11th Congressional District race.
• Vice President Joe Biden will make a campaign stop Monday somewhere in North Carolina.
• Republican insurance commissioner nominee Mike Causey responds to incumbent Wayne Goodwin’s charges of campaign finance violations.
• New York Times polling analyst Nate Silver adds to the argument that North Carolina is not a battleground state and says President Obama can lose the state and win a second term.
• The four Democratic women running for Council of State offices will hold joint rallies Saturday in Western North Carolina.