by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• By Memorial Day, more than $1 million had been spent altogether on behalf of the candidates running for governor.
• The ad wars between the Pat McCrory and Walter Dalton camps head to court.
• 8th District Republican candidate Scott Keadle wins the endorsement and financial support of the national conservative Club for Growth.
• Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx are among the luminaries today who will commemorate the final 100 days before the Democratic convention.
• Western North Carolina tea party groups in June will host a series of forums vetting 11th Congressional District Republican contenders Mark Meadows and Vance Patterson.