by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• Instant analysis. Don’t forget: Carolina Journal and John Locke Foundation staffers will liveblog tonight’s debates between Walter Dalton and Pat McCrory at 7 and between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney at 9 right here at the Locker Room.
• GOTV. The Democratic National Committee and the Obama campaign are hosting a statewide bus tour, urging Democrats to take advantage of early voting.
• Endorsement time. The Winston-Salem Journal‘s editorial board urges readers to support Pat McCrory for governor.
• Who’s on the ballot? Voters may notice the effects of redistricting for the first time when they learn they’ll reside in a new congressional district next year. Tens of thousands of voters in New Hanover and Pender counties were moved from the 7th District to the 3rd.
• Pickin’ and grinnin’. A humorous ad run by the Super PAC supporting the re-election of Supreme Court Justice Paul Newby has hit the airwaves.