by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• Count me in. Early voting proves popular again as long lines form at polling sites statewide.
• Follow the money. Check out the NC FreeEnterprise Foundation’s report on third-quarter campaign finance for all congressional candidates.
• Who are you? N.C. House District 17 candidates Rep. Frank Iler, a Republican, and Democrat Lundia Washington talked voter ID and other topics at a Wednesday forum in Brunswick County.
• Loyalty test. Members of the Cabarrus County Democratic Party want to dump Chairwoman Grace Calloway, who’s disparaged the leadership and record of embattled U.S. Rep. Larry Kissell, D-8th.
• On the air. N.C. Court of Appeals Judge Sam “Jimmy” Ervin runs his first ad in his race to unseat incumbent Justice Paul Newby on the state Supreme Court, taking a shot at the Super PAC led by Democrats and Republicans that support Newby.