by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• One more time. Be sure to join Carolina Journal and John Locke Foundation staff tonight at 7 for the final gubernatorial debate between Democrat Walter Dalton and Republican Pat McCrory right here at the Locker Room.
• Outta here. N.C. Citizens for Progress, the independent expenditure group funded by the Democratic Governors Association, has no plans to run additional ads on behalf of Dalton, suggesting it believes McCrory will win.
• 11th hour nod. The campaign is nearly over, but Monday the North Carolina Association of Educators endorsed U.S. Rep. Larry Kissell, D-8th, who’s believed to face long odds for re-election.
• More late attacks. The State Employees Association of North Carolina has launched a website accusing GOP lieutenant governor nominee Dan Forest of “extremism.”
• Finger-pointing. Deb Butler, Democratic nominee for state Senate District 9, is back with another ad attacking GOP incumbent Sen. Thom Goolsby of New Hanover County for his votes on abortion policy.