by Jon Ham
Vice President and Publisher Carolina Journal
• The Federalist Society is holding a forum for judicial candidates on Sept. 26 at the Cardinal Club in Raleigh.
• Republican gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory targeted women in a Lexington campaign stop on Friday.
• New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will be in North Carolina this week campaigning for Republican gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory.
• The Scotland County Democratic Women are upset with the county board of elections’ decision not to allow voting on Sunday.
• After some confusion, the State Employees Association of North Carolina will hear Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton speak after all.
• Rep. Larry Kissell explains his decision not to attend the Democratic National Convention.