by Jon Ham
Vice President and Publisher Carolina Journal
• Under fire from two sides, Rep. Larry Kissell sticks to his message in the 8th District U.S. House of Representatives race.
• A Wake County Superior Court Judge on Mondaythrew out a lawsuit by North Carolina Citizens for Progress against Republican gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory.
• Democratic gubernatorial candidate Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton offers his economic plan. Meanwhile, his Republican opponent Pat McCrory says Dalton can’t be trusted.
• Rep. Marian McLawhorn, campaigning for her eighth term as state House District 9 representative, says her focus is on jobs and education.
• The North Carolina Chamber of Commerce Political Action Committee has endorsed Rep. Jeff Collins, R-25 (Franklin, Nash).