by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• It’s in the game. The Obama campaign is renewing a tactic from the 2008 election, running ads on interactive video games to encourage online gamers to vote early.
• Be careful what you wish for? Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton is comparing Republican nominee Pat McCrory to Wisconsin Republican Gov. Scott Walker.
• LGBT support. State Rep. Susi Hamilton, D-New Hanover, and Democratic House candidate Deb Butler, also of New Hanover County, get the endorsement of the gay rights group Equality NC.
• Stealth contest? The left-leaning AlterNet site named the 10th Congressional District race between incumbent Republican Rep. Patrick McHenry and Democratic challenger Patsy Keever one of its 10 “under the radar” contests to watch.
• On the air. Republican Mark Meadows, battling Democrat Hayden Rogers for the open seat in the 11th Congressional District, took to the airwaves with this political ad.