The Grassroots Outreach Coordinator will identify, recruit, and engage grassroots leaders in North Carolina, mobilize them, and drive policy reforms.
- Developing a North Carolina network of grassroots organizations that facilitates collaboration among groups with similar policy priorities.
- Developing state-based strategies to advance state and local policy priorities and desired outcomes.
- Mobilizing volunteer communities in support of policy priorities and building capabilities to advance future priorities.
- Planning and executing a variety of activities to educate and bring awareness to further strategies.
- Working with communities of activists to educate and persuade the public or lawmakers to act on public policy initiatives.
- Traveling up to 30% of the time to work on state and local priorities with overnight travel sometimes required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of state and local public policy landscapes
- Experience working with members of the community.
- A drive to deepen your knowledge and a focus on life-long learning.
- A willingness to transform yourself and our organization to be more impactful in our efforts.
- An ability to develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve outcomes.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to experiment with new ways to engage and activate new volunteers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Highly organized, energetic, and capable of motivating and leading large groups and volunteers able to manage large quantities of data.
- Event planning, marketing or sales experience is a plus.
- High levels of integrity, self-motivation, patience, persistence, enthusiasm, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all kinds of people.
- Desire to win with freedom forward policies
Please send resume and cover letter to Donald Bryson at [email protected].