“Inequality for All,” a documentary by former US Secretary of Labor Robert Reich, will screen Monday at the Main Branch of the Henderson County Library. This film’s website gives the following as “the facts.”
- [The average restaurant worker earns] $2.13/hour vs. [the Koch brothers’] $3 million/hour.
- A single top income could buy housing for every homeless person in the US.
- The poorest 47% of Americans have no wealth.
- The US is nearly the most wealth-unequal country in the entire world.
- A can of soup for a black or Hispanic woman [is comparable to?] a mansion and yacht for the businessman.