The John Locke Foundation Currently has an opening for a Marketing and Communications Associate.
The Marketing and Communications Associate Should have a strong general marketing background in addition to a well rounded grasp of social media platforms. The successful candidate will assist with the planning and execution of marketing activities and is responsible for managing multiple digital platforms to deliver the John Locke Foundation content and messages to prospective and current members of our key audiences. The associate will work to keep branding consistent across platforms, track how we engage with the audiences, and ensure all platforms are being used appropriately. They will offer recommendations on improving digital media strategy based on engagement and results.
John Locke Foundation Mission and Vision
The John Locke Foundation was created in 1990 as an independent, nonprofit think tank that would work “for truth, for freedom, and for the future of North Carolina.” JLF envisions a North Carolina of responsible citizens, strong families, and successful communities committed to individual liberty and limited, constitutional government. We employ research, journalism, and outreach programs to transform government through competition, innovation, personal freedom, and personal responsibility.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the planning and execution of marketing activities, including writing copy for deliverables
- Tracking, driving and follow-up on current and ongoing campaigns.
- Promoting content through advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Managing social media audience development and targeting.
- Increasing reach, following, and engagement on social media platforms.
- Generating analytic reports across social platforms and google for the EVP and VP of Marketing as needed.
- Strategically applying analytics to the decision-making process of future campaigns.
- Designing and launching mass emails and email campaigns.
- Assisting the Vice President of Marketing and Communications with daily and weekly social media content drafting and scheduling
- Format and publish content to the website and blog, following internal guidelines and digital best practices
- Conduct day-to-day edits of website and blog
- Assist with weekly newsletters
General duties may also include:
- Assisting with event preparation and gathering of promotional print materials for audiences
- Attending JLF programs and events such as guest lectures, dinners, and awards receptions to live-post social content and gather content for future communications
- Assisting with projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years professional and/or internship experience in marketing and communications
- Familiarity with social media algorithms, results tracking, ad processes, and analytics
- Willingness to work with a team as well as independently
- Strong grasp of branding and following style guides
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Candidates must align with the foundation vision and have a commitment to ideas of limited government and a free-market economy
How To Apply: Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the organization’s mission to ([email protected])