Burlington Times-News reports on the tragic death of Williams quarterback Harry Cohen following his outstanding performance in the victory over Southern Alamance:

At some point, Cohen went in a back room to visit with the dog. His parents think that’s probably when he saw the bottle of methadone prescribed to his grandmother who suffers from fibromyalgia.

“Take two every four hours as needed for pain.”

The directions were clear on the bottle. The Kaffenbergers still don’t know if Cohen took one or two before he went to bed on the night of Aug. 27.

“The doctor said a half a methadone pill could have killed him,” Richard Kaffenberger said.

At 150 pounds and almost no body fat, the only thing left to absorb the powerful narcotic was Cohen’s organs.

Popping pain pills prescribed for someone else an all-too common practice among us over-prescribed Americans. As is his parents’ wish, this young man’s death should serve as a warning.