According to the National Park Service, North Carolina has….
- 10 National Parks
- 2,842 National Register of Historic Places listings
- 2 National Heritage Areas
- 13 National Natural Landmarks
- 38 National Historic Landmarks
- 1 World Heritage Site, and
- In 2013 there were 16,138,182 visitors to the national parks
The Economic Impact to the state have also been measured to amount to…..
- $1,110,300,000 economic benefit from the national park tourism in 2012
- 158,484 hours of work donated by volunteers
- $80,439,260 in Land and Water Conservation Fund grants since 1965
- 250 acres of land transferred by Federal Lands to Parks for local parks since 1948