As long as we’re being Christmas purists here, I’d like to add my rant:
- People should stop attempting to cover “The Christmas Song.” It was perfect when Nat King Cole did it. It doesn’t need revamping or modernizing.
- Christmas songs by Wham, Wings and Elton John should be avoided at all costs.
- Only Bing should be allowed to sing “White Christmas.”
- Ditto for Judy Garland and “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.”
- Candy Canes should be Red and White. Not neon green, blue or pink. Ever.
Whew. Glad I got that off my chest. Don’t get me wrong; I’m still a good libertarian and I wouldn’t dream of banning any of the obvious rubbish that springs forth during the holidays. Just consider the above some strongly-worded advice.