by Jon Sanders
Director of the Center for Food, Power, and Life, Research Editor | John Locke Foundation
“Science Says Your Baby Is a Socialist” — Mother Jones headline, Nov. 18, 2014.
But if you’ve been reading the Locker Room for the last decade, you already knew that.
I wrote here back on March 22, 2006, in response to the question Don’t you think there’s a little socialist in all of us?
Yeah; most people call it childhood:
- You’re handed everything you need
- you think you’re entitled to everything other people have, and sometimes you just go and take it
- you have no idea how money works, what it is, how you get it, and how to use it
- you believe all the phony scary stories your friends dream up
- your hero is some man who lives to give you a whole buncha stuff once a year, talks to animals, and lives in the one place in the world that’s safe from global warming
- you think a bicycle is great transportation
- you think trains are really cool
- being asked to do even the slightest amount of work is the worst thing anyone has ever said to you
- you think the opposite sex is icky
- you’re whiny
- you smell bad
- and you throw a fit at the dinner table.