by Locker Room contributor
For at least five reasons, I thought more people at JLF would like soccer.
1) In Europe there are no salary caps–just look at what Abromovich has done at making Chelsea competitive once again.
2) For a poor performance, a team isn’t awarded a top draft pick to equal out the competition.
3) One doesn’t have to be 7’4″ or 285lbs. to play. It encourages participation–a democratic-republic of sorts (okay a little bit of a stretch there).
4) Strategy is decided on the field, not by bureaucratic experts upstairs watching film or by a quarterback or head coach dictating plays.
5) The game is fluid and depends on the creativity, versatility, and adaptability of the players involved and rewards those who showcase such skills. (There’s no such thing as luck).