by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• Republican Mark Meadows, nominee for the 11th U.S. Congressional District, is endorsed by the conservative seniors group 60 Plus.
• State Rep. Tom Murry, R-Wake, wins the endorsement of the State Employees Association of North Carolina and the N.C. Chamber of Commerce PAC.
• The chamber’s PAC also endorsed Supreme Court Justice Paul Newby in his race against appeals court Judge Sam Ervin IV.
• Rep. Larry Kissell, D-8th District, has said he won’t attend this week’s convention. But in case he changes his mind, the National Republican Congressional Committee will provide transportation.
• MSNBC anchors were taken in by the parody twitter account falsely linked to Gov. Bev Perdue.
• The conservative Campaign for American Values is running an ad in the Charlotte market during the convention promoting traditional marriage.