by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• No turnaround. Triangle-area political pundits say Walter Dalton didn’t do what he needed to do in last night’s debate to shake up the race with Pat McCrory. McCrory consistently has held at or near double-digit leads in the polls.
• Crossover appeal. Meantime, retiring state Rep. Dewey Hill of Columbus County and outgoing state Rep. Jim Crawford of Granville County are co-chairs of the Democrats for McCrory group.
• Debates continue. Rep. Susi Hamilton, D-New Hanover, and her Republican challenger Louis Harmati will appear tonight at a televised candidate forum in Wilmington.
• Effiiency maven. U.S. Rep. Patrick McHenry, R-10th, gets the endorsement of the PAC operated by the watchdog group Citizens Against Government Waste.
• Watch it yourself. The entire video of the Dalton-McCrory debate is below.