by Rick Henderson
Editor-in-Chief, Carolina Journal
• The candidates for governor, Democratic Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton and Republican Pat McCrory, will meet in at least one more debate. Their third face-off is set for Oct. 24 at N.C. Wesleyan College.
• Rep. Mike McIntyre, D-7th, a senior member of the House Agriculture Committee, is leading an effort on Capitol Hill urging the Environmental Protection Agency to abandon a mandate to divert the corn harvest to ethanol production.
• There’s a North Carolina connection in the secret and circuitous route GOP vice presidential pick Paul Ryan took to meet with Mitt Romney before Ryan’s candidacy was announced.
• Vice President Joe Biden is getting some push back from conservatives in comments he made about his and Ryan’s fathers in Durham yesterday.
• The Romney campaign is running an ad in North Carolina and elsewhere challenging the accuracy of President Obama’s attacks.